March 26th, was National Spinach Day and to celebrate, THIRA Health put together this yummy crustless vegetarian quiche. Incorporating spinach into your meals will give you numerous kinds of vitamins, such as vitamin C and vitamin K1. Vitamin C can help protect you from free radicals and can help prevent you from developing heart disease and cancer. Vitamin K1 is essential for your body’s blood flow and oxygen levels. Try this recipe out and enjoy the amazing benefits of this leafy green!
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
1 onions, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp. of garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and spinach and cook until the onions are translucent and vegetables are cooked.
- In a large bowl, whisk 5 eggs and salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Add the cooked vegetables and stir well.
- Pour the mix into a quiche baking dish or a round cake pan. Make sure the top is evened out.
- Place in oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let the quiche cool down for 5-10 minutes.