Did your mama make a great potato salad? Try this recipe out from Taste of Home to see if the flavors will bring back some great memories. Potatoes are packed with antioxidants which can help suppress the growth of cancer cells. Potatoes can also help maintain blood sugar levels by reducing insulin resistance. The nutrients and amazing benefits potatoes have will keep you healthy! Enjoy making this yummy recipe. Hope this brings back some fun moments enjoying your mama’s cooking!
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 10 medium)
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Additional hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1. In a large kettle, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and cool. Peel potatoes; cut into chunks. Separate egg yolks from whites. Set yolks aside. Chop whites and add to potatoes with onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes; toss well. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Spoon into a serving bowl. Garnish with egg slices and paprika. Chill until serving.