Celebrate National Dark Chocolate Day with us by trying out this dark chocolate custard recipe from Fearless Dining! Dark chocolate contains a good amount of fiber and is also a great source of iron, an essential mineral that helps carry oxygen throughout our body. If you also want to lower your cholesterol, dark chocolate contains polyphenols and theobromine that can help keep your good cholesterol levels balanced and healthy. Dark chocolate is not just delicious, it’s also quite nutritious!
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup coconut milk canned, not light
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2. In a sauce pan, add sugar, heavy cream and coconut milk.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Add chocolate and whisk continuously.
5. In a small dish, add egg yolks.
6. Temper the eggs by putting a little of the hot chocolate mixture into the eggs, whisking quickly.
7. Pour the egg mixture back into the pot and whisk to blend.
8. Cook one more minute.
9. Spray coconut oil into each ramekin.
10. Pour the hot chocolate mixture into the ramekins. (I had enough chocolate to fill six ramekins.)
11. Place the ramekins into a pan.
12. Pour hot water into the pan so that it comes up halfway to cover the sides of the ramekins.
13. Bake 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.